We pride ourselves in the lasting partnerships we have established that brings art, culture, education and health to the table.
- Puerto Rican Cultural Project – The Holyoke-based PRCP holds speaker series events in Holyoke and Springfield to raise awareness of the rich and vast history of Puerto Rico.
- Casa Latina – Located in Florence, Casa Latina celebrated its 50th anniversary this year advocating for Latinos from everywhere.
- Proyecto Salon Hogar – Salón Hogar provides online GED preparation and testing services to Spanish-speaking residents of Springfield.
- Springfield Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission – The PRCC recently expanded Salón Hogar services by establishing a formal partnership with MassRehab. Through this new relationship, PRCC is poised to aide in preparing the city workforce more than ever before.
- UMASS Center at Springfield – We are establishing a partnership with UMass to continue providing cultural, educational and public health-related trainings, workshops, and events.
- Mauricio Gastón Institute for Latino Community Development and Public Policy – The PRCC and Gastón completed a five-year-long public health campaign titled Por Ahi Dicen, to engage Springfield residents in Community Participatory Based Research and highlight the experience of Puerto Rican mother’s communication with their children regarding sexuality and sexual health, as well as the environmental and social factors that could be shaping this communication.
- CoWork Springfield – The PRCC is housed at CoWork Springfield, in the new Scibelli Enterprise Center Site, a location that allows the organization to provide more meeting and event space to deliver new programs.
Notable Community Partnerships
- City governments: City of Chicopee, City of Holyoke, City of Northampton, City of Springfield
- Cultural Councils: Center for Design Engagement (CDE), Holyoke Cultural Arts Council, Springfield Cultural Council, Chicopee Cultural Council, Holyoke Local Cultural Council, Latino Leadership Institute (LLI of NYC), Museo del Barrio (NYC), Nuestras Raices, Puerto Rican Cuatro Project, Springfield Cultural Arts District, Puerto Rican Cultural Project
- Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
- Health care organizations: Baystate Medical Center, Health New England, Holyoke Health Center
- Learning Institutions: Elms College, Holyoke Community College, Holyoke and Springfield Public Schools, Holyoke and Springfield Public Libraries, Latino Education Institute (LEI), Libertas Academy, Springfield College, Springfield Technical Community College, UMass Amherst
- Massachusetts Governor’s Office
- Social Service Organization: Enlaces de familia, New England Farm Workers Council, New North Citizens Council
- Other community organizations that empower Hispanics/Latinos residing in Western Massachusetts